Monday, November 12, 2007

Compiler Error CS0016 : "..could not write to output file, access is denied"

What I get..

Error 6 Could not write to output file 'D:\Work\XXXX\Source\XXXX123\1_Source\My.xxxx.xxxx.Notification\obj\Debug\My.xxxx.xxxx.Notification.dll' -- 'Access is denied. ' My.xxxx.xxxx.Notification


The so-called Error Help says (not much help huh?)...

Error Message
Could not write to output file 'file' — 'reason'

The compiler could not write to an output file. Check the path to the file to make sure it exists. If a previously built file is already at the location, make sure it is writeable, and that no process currently has a lock on the file. For example,make sure your executable is not running when you attempt to build.


So, what is the solution..

Most of the answer I gather from the "search engine" , is

- granted "full access" to every account you can think of, starting with the recommended "Network Server," "Local Server" and ASP users.

Doing a xtravaganza diarrhea kinda search, and found this

solved some of my issues... maybe yours too. I'll keep you posted.

0 comments: