Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Compiler Error CS0016 : "..could not write to output file, access is denied" Part 2

Different people with different solutions:-
(can you find the root cause?)

Digged here
________________________________________________________________
Hi All!
Do you remember me? I am that desperate who had this error for a
while:

---
Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource
required to service this request. Please review the following specific
error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0016: Could not write to output file
'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temp orary ASP.NET
Files\root\4a2d48d3\bcaf750b\bp-we_xs.dll' -- 'The directory name is
invalid. '
---

Now the whole story... A long time ago (one month) March 01, 2005 I
wrote a message here in this newsgroup asking for help and no one
answered because no one seemed to have my problem. The subject of that
message was:

>HELP!! CS0016 Compilation Error on Windows 2003"

Part of the text was:

>I have the following problem with ASP.NET running on Windows 2003. My
>configuration is:
>
>1) Windows 2003 Server Standard
>2) ASP.NET running in IIS5 Isolation mode (aspnet_wp.exe is alive and
>kicking)
>3) .NET Framework v1.1.4322 (updated by Windows update)
>4) My application running on d:\myapp directory (not c:\Inetpub)

My problem was pretty terrible: after some time, or right after an
xcopy deployment OVER an existing web site, the aspx pages would never
work, throwing the CS0016 error above.

Well, dear guys and ladies, excuse my polished way: F**K THE
ANTIVIRUS!!!
F**K THE ANTIVIRUS!!! F**K THE ANTIVIRUS!!! F**K THE ANTIVIRUS!!!
F**K THE ANTIVIRUS!!! F**K THE ANTIVIRUS!!! F**K THE ANTIVIRUS!!!

And now that I am very calm and happy, I strongly suggest you few
basic rules:

1) DON'T INSTALL ANY ANTIVIRUS ON YOUR SERVER!!! I tried personally
NOD32 and Norton Symantec Antivirus Corporate, they just don't work!
Nod32 crash the system as soon as you access an ASPX page and the
norton bothers iis6 so much that asp pages can't be compiled again!

2) DON'T INSTALL ANY FIREWALL SOFTWARE ON YOUR SERVER!! I didn't have
any software firewall installed, but I have been reading lot of bad
news!

3) KEEP YOUR SERVER CLEAN!! Don't install any real time file system
monitors, or anything similar, Windows 2003 will slow down and crash
after some huge load on IIS.

The funny thing is that NO ONE have ever had this problem, not even in
the web farm where we are renting our servers! They install the
Symantec Corporate by default, and I had to uninstall it to check this
bug out. If it was me, I would have never installed any antivirus, but
I had it pre-installed so I thought "What the hell, it doesn't hurt
anyone..." SURE!!! It hurt a lot!

This is the first time I post a message here with a solution, and even
if it may seem a simple solution it cost me a lot. So I would like to
thank you all those ones out there that I have never had the pleasure
to thank for all solutions that they provided me.

Newsgroups rule!!

An happy,
Red Eagle
____________________________________________

0 comments: